I know it’s new year and I know we’re all skint but if you’re feeling like you just need to get something to perk you up, this pick below should do the trick.
I’ve selected 10 of my favourite things, everything from a contour kit to help hide those winter blemishes and dark circles, to the cutest flamingo 2017 diary and THE best skincare product from Liz Earle – seriously this stuff will change your life.
- Alphabet Tea cup £4 | 2. 2017 Diary £8.50| 3. Maybelline Correcting Kit £9.99 | 4. OPI Nail Varnish £12.50 | 5. Handheld Spiralizer £11.99 | 6. Oliver Bonas Ring £18 | 7. Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser £15.50 | 8. Scented Candle £6.50 | 9. Calvin Klein Bralette £20 | 10. Cath Kinston Cosmetic Bag £8
Joe Fresh swim | Reiss shirt dress | Pixie Mood metallic grey handbag | Ray-Ban sunglasses |adidas superstar 80’s | REN firming and smoothing serum | Pixi lip brush | Off-the-shoulder dress | Pandora ring | Topshop sandals | Olivia Burton watch
I could have featured so many more things on my June wish list. There’s too many nice things out there!
I had a REN facial last month and I can’t tell you how amazing my skin looked and felt afterwards. I hadn’t had a facial in so long (I am talking years). REN firming and smoothing serum is a little pricey but I have fallen in love with it.
Another favourite is personalised items, I don’t have any the moment but definitely have my eye on these adidas superstar 80’s that you can customise – you can even put you name on them!
I had to feature this Olivia Burton watch. I’ve been a fan for ages but haven’t actually purchased anything from her range yet. I love the new collection she’s just launched and this grey mesh watch is so classic looking.
Pandora has been my go-to jewellery brand for years and I just love with this black stone ring.
Happy shopping everyone.
Summer is nearly here which means it’s time to treat yourself to some new summer products for your beauty bag! Here are six of my favourite products that will add some summer sparkle to your life.
Instant White Teeth Whitening | Clinique Face SPF | Vaseline Lip Therapy | Barry M Nail Paint | Tan Organic Self Tan | Soap & Glory Flake Away Exfoliator
There are hundreds of beauty hacks out there. Here’s 10 of my favourite.
1. If you have naturally wavy hair don’t towel dry it with a towel. Use either a t-shirt or a microfibre towel to reduce frizz.
2. Wash your pillow case more often than you do! The amount of bacteria that can collect on it is alarming. Washing it more often will work wonders for your skin.
3. Men’s razors work just as well (if not better) for shaving and they can be cheaper too.
5. Blast eyelash curlers with a hair dryer before using to extend the length of your lashes. Make sure the metal doesn’t get too hot though.
6. Drink a large glass of cold water before your morning tea or coffee. Not only will it help to keep your skin clear and bright it will help to give your metabolism a boost too.
7. If you want loose wavy hair french plait damp hair before you go to bed. When you wake in the morning just spray with a sea salt spray and you’re good to go.
8. Mix a dab of honey with some sugar to create a fabulous lip exfoliant.
9. Ditch make up for two days a week. Your skin will be more radiant and hydrated for it.
10. Use coconut oil to remove makeup. Just pop a small amount on a cotton pad and wipe it over makeup to remove.
Blusher is one of the most essential products in any beauty bag. It can transform pale and tired looking skin in an instant and it’s one of my go-to beauty products. There are so many different blushers out there, from subtle to bright and bold shades. If you’re not sure about which shade is best for your skin the rule of thumb is rose or peach-toned blushers are best if you have fair or medium skin. Orangey and deep berry tones are best if you have darker skin.
I’m a huge fan of powder blushes as I find they are much easier to work with. Cream blushers are great for creating that dewy look, just be sure to apply them before you set your make up with powder.
So the first thing you need to ensure is that you have a decent blusher brush. Three of my favourite are…
No7, The Body Shop and Urban Decay
Now to the main event.
I was having a look at the new flagship H&M store in Toronto the other week and the beauty section is insane. I must have spent a good 45 minutes there. The blusher selection is pretty decent and includes this Hot Pink and Rosy Brown Blusher.
Next up is The French Kiss blusher from Bare Minerals. I love the shade and the brush it comes with which makes it so much easier for a quick touch up on the go. Shop this pretty blusher here.
If you’re a fan of cream blushers this Fresh Blush from The Body Shop should be on your list. The colour is so fresh and the cute little pot is perfect for popping in your handbag. Shop this gorgeous Florida Sunstar blusher here.
Becca is a beauty brand I adore. It’s a little on the pricey side but a treat now and then never hurt anyone! This mineral blush gives a beautiful matte finish. Shop for it here.
I admit that I sometimes pick beauty products just because I like the packaging! This Too Faced blusher is a prime example. I love the heart shape, I love that it has a mirror, and if it had a brush built in there it would be off the chart. A super cute product for any beauty fan.
I picked this next blusher because I love the vibrant colour. Perfect for those long summer evenings at a beach bar. Shop this colour pop blusher from Urban Decay here
All the products above are cruelty-free
There are hundreds of beauty hacks out there. Here are 10 of my favourite.
1. Men’s razors work just as well (if not better) for shaving and they can be cheaper too.
2. Blast eyelash curlers with a hair dryer before using to extend the length of your lashes. Make sure the metal doesn’t get too hot though.
3. Drink a large glass of cold water before your morning tea or coffee. Not only will it help to keep your skin clear and bright it will help to give your metabolism a boost too.
4. If you want loose wavy hair french plait damp hair before you go to bed. When you wake in the morning just spray with a sea salt spray and you’re good to go.
5. Mix a dab of honey with some sugar to create a fabulous lip exfoliant.
6. Ditch make up for two days a week. Your skin will be more radiant and hydrated for it.
7. Prevent blisters by rubbing deodorant on your heels or anywhere your shoes rub to stop friction.
8. Help your nail polish dry faster by soaking your nails in ice water after painting them.
9. Apply under eye concealer by drawing a triangle under your eye which points towards your cheek.
10. Dab Vaseline on your pulse points before spraying your perfume to make the scent last longer.
The cold, wet and windy weather is playing havoc with my skin. Dry, chapped and lacking that healthy boost it has in the summer months. There are so many products out there to fix every beauty problem, but if you’re anything like me you haven’t got the cash to be splurging on expensive creams, lotions and potions.
There are a few key beauty products that I use that seem to be doing the trick. They don’t cost a
Keep your hands moisturised and hydrated with Nivea hand cream with Macadamia Nut Oil
It’s a constant battle trying to keep my lips hydrated. eos lip balm is currently answering my prayers.
This isn’t technically a winter essential. For me it’s an all year round essential! I have searched and searched and I am pleased to announce this mascara actually does what it says. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Volumising Mascara
If your skin is feeling dry give this Organic Rose Hip Oil a try. It’s the bee’s knees.
I always find picking a foundation tricky. I am yet to find the perfect one but Maybelline hydrate + smooth foundation is working out pretty well at the moment. Mix with a drop of moisturiser in the day for a fresher look.
This is my splurge product but it’s totally worth it. Lancome Hydra Intense hydrating gel mask. Apply a thick layer, chill for five minutes then remove with a tissue or dry flannel. This mask feeds your skin leaving it super smooth and hydrated. It’s my winter wonder product.
Last up is Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance. It’s a lightweight conditioning spray for weak and distressed hair. It’s perfect if your hair gets in a tangle easily. I have been using this for a few weeks and I don’t know how my hair coped without it.
I am on a mission to grow my hair. It’s long already but I want seriously long locks for spring/summer next year so I need to put the work in now. I read how using a mask treatment once a week can help your hair to grow, and luckily for me label.m asked me if I wanted to test out their Honey & Oat Mask.
If you have hair that goes past your shoulders that hair will be several years old which means it needs more love and attention, and a standard conditioner isn’t really enough. You need to be using something that’s been designed to repair and replace moisture and also protect. It’s just like using a more targeted moisturiser for your face.
I have been using the label.m Honey & Oat Mask and it’s pretty great. It smells like a delicious candle and it leaves my hair feeling really smooth and hydrated, it’s one of those products where you can feel it getting to work. It was strange putting it on my hair to start with and I was convinced it would leave my hair looking and feeling really greasy but it didn’t. You just apply it evenly to your hair and massage it in from the roots to the tips. Leave it to do its thing for 1 to 3 minutes then rinse. I would recommend you maybe using the mask on a day where you don’t need to shampoo your hair. Treat it as more of a treatment for your hair and enjoy the sweet smell of honey and oat on your head which is rather delicious.
With the winter months ahead I would definitely recommend using this mask to protect your hair, prevent breakage and strengthen it.
It may be Monday but I know you’re all thinking about the weekend already. If you’re heading away this coming weekend here is my selection of essential things you need to pack. These products are perfect if you are restricted by airlines liquid rules or packing everything into your car.
1. Eos lip balm in pomegranate Raspberry. The best balm in town, it’s hydrating and perfect for hot summer days.
2. Venus Snap with embrace razor. This is my star product, it may be small but it’s pretty mighty and is a must pack item for any trip away. It has 5 curve-hugging blades and ensures you have stubble free legs, so in my eyes its pretty essential.
3. Hawaiian Tropic silk hydration face lotion. The best sun cream for your pretty face. It’s non-greasy, ensures you don’t get frazzled in the sun and it’s super smooth.
4. Batiste dry shampoo. This needs no explanation, pack it, use it, have great hair!
5. Aveeno positively nourishing calming body lotion. I have tested this out recently and it’s fantastic. Super hydrating and it leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
6. L’oreal magic skin beautifier BB cream. Light enough to cover blemishes and ideal for the summer.
7. Sephora nail buffer block. My nails always seem to need attention when I am away. Pack this puppy and you can file, buff and smooth all in one go.
8. Maybelline lash sensational black pearl mascara. I must have tested a few hundred mascaras in my time (slight exaggeration) and this one is a favourite. It does what it says on the tube giving you fluttery beautiful lashes.
9. Paul Smith roses eau de parfum. This is my favourite scent. It always gets comments and it’s super refreshing and sweet.
It’s July tomorrow and my three essential beauty buys for the month ahead have a summery feel to them. From a must-have suncream for your face that won’t leave it looking greasy, to an orgasmic blush!
1. Suncream. The summer is here (finally) and if you’re not already using a moisturiser with an SPF in it then shame on you. I have been searching around for a suncream for my face that doesn’t leave it looking greasy. Suncreams can be pretty thick and heavy but this one from La Roche-Posay gives a matte finish, it’s light, smooth and soaks into the skin. Go and buy some and sunbathe without the worry of doing some serious damage to your pretty face.
2. Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow. I am always dubious when an eyeshadow promises to stay on for 24 hours. I haven’t actually worn it for 24 hours but I have worn it for a good 15 hours and it did not budge so that’s good enough for me. It goes on really easy and doesn’t require you to scrub your eyelids to get rid of it which is always a bonus. Buy a pot for summer, you will love it.
3. I am definitely in need of a new blusher for summer and this is top of my list. Nars blush in Orgasm gives a healthy-looking colour with a natural finish. Perfect for long sunny summer days.