The weekend is nearly here which means it’s time to start thinking about a refreshing drink to enjoy. This cocktail literally combines my two favourite things (wine and fruit). It’s so easy to make. No blenders or shakers required!
I’d suggest you make this in advance as it tastes much better after it’s been left to sit overnight. The recipe below is enough to serve eight people.
What you need:
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 1lb of strawberries
- The seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 2 cups of pomegranate juice
- Soda water
How to make it:
1. Stick some music on – in my opinion it’s the only way to make a cocktail
2. Slice the strawberries (avoid eating too many of them along the way) and place in a large pitcher with the with the seeds from the pomegranate.
3. Add the wine and the pomegranate juice.
4. Pop in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours. I would leave for 24 hours for a truly delicious taste.
5. Have a sip and add 1-2 tablespoons of granulated sugar or honey if you want it a little sweeter.
6. Pour into glasses and add some soda and ice. Garnish with a strawberry (if you didn’t eat them all)
7. Sit back and enjoy
Image from foodgawker.com