Have you started to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day yet? If you’re getting into the spirit of things why not add a pop of colour to your home and wardrobe? I am a huge fan of anything green, it’s fresh, works well with grey and white (two of my other favourite colours) and of course it’s the perfect colour for Paddy’s Day!
Here’s my round up of some gorgeous green picks…
- Utility shirt dress | 2. Bucket bag | 3. Lime green necklace | 4. Eyelet swimsuit | 5. Green telephone | 6. Lace dress | 7. Green vase | 8. Green basket | 9. Off-the-shoulder top | 10. Green Chuck Taylor
I don’t know about you but I’m about ready to add some spring/summer touches to my home. H&M Home has an abundance of gorgeous beachy, Hollywood, Moroccan style pieces that I just love. Here’s what’s on my shopping list.
- Candle holder | 2. Laundry bag | 3. Wooden box | 4. Palm tree cushion cover | 5. Grey cushion cover | 6. Tealight holder | 7. Round mirror | 8. Waist apron | 9. Stoneware mug | 10. Metal bottle opener | 11. Glass vase | 12. Scented candle
I love making use of old things and recycling can not only look great, most of it is relatively easy to do. Here are three of my favourite DIY home decor ideas.
1. Make use of old wine bottles by wrapping thread around the bottles and either place artificial or real flowers in. Decorate in colours that match your interior and be as creative as you like.
2. Grab some old wine glasses – vintage glasses would work a treat. Place a small amount of sand in the bottom and pop a tea light on top. Ideal in a kitchen or dining room.
3. Use empty glass jars as an effective desk tidy or as a make-up brush tidy in your bathroom or bedroom. These can be designed to coordinate with existing colour themes and again you can be as creative as you like.