I’m hoping the heatwave we just had wasn’t it for the summer. My winter wardrobe has been banished into flat pack bags, so for that reason alone summer needs to stay!
One look I am loving at the moment is relaxed Boho. It’s probably not even that ‘in’ but that’s never really stopped me. I ordered a Boho inspired dress the other day and let’s just say it looked very tent like, which wasn’t really the look I was going for. I’ve been doing my research and spotted some dresses that might just do the trick. If you’re loving the relaxed Boho vibe check out my hot picks below.
H&M off-the-shoulder lace dress | Topshop floral maxi dress | New Look pink maxi dress | Monsoon off-the-shoulder dress |
Wishing you all a sun and fun-filled July.
It’s summer, you can never have too many pairs of shoes and this selection from Jones Bookmaker should be enough to persuade you to add to your shoe collection.
Whether you have a wedding, christening, BBQ date or just because you fancy walking around your house in a new pair of snazzy shoes, Jones Bookmaker has you sorted. From wedges, block heels and flats, the summer collection is pretty impressive.
Here’s a selection of my favourite. Happy shopping!
- Jenny sandals | 2. Heeled sandal | 3. Heeled peep toe | 4. Ted Baker sandal | 5. Koi wedge | 6. Kero flat sandal
The weekend is nearly here which means it’s time to start thinking about a refreshing drink to enjoy. This cocktail literally combines my two favourite things (wine and fruit). It’s so easy to make. No blenders or shakers required!
I’d suggest you make this in advance as it tastes much better after it’s been left to sit overnight. The recipe below is enough to serve eight people.
What you need:
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 1lb of strawberries
- The seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 2 cups of pomegranate juice
- Soda water
How to make it:
1. Stick some music on – in my opinion it’s the only way to make a cocktail
2. Slice the strawberries (avoid eating too many of them along the way) and place in a large pitcher with the with the seeds from the pomegranate.
3. Add the wine and the pomegranate juice.
4. Pop in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours. I would leave for 24 hours for a truly delicious taste.
5. Have a sip and add 1-2 tablespoons of granulated sugar or honey if you want it a little sweeter.
6. Pour into glasses and add some soda and ice. Garnish with a strawberry (if you didn’t eat them all)
7. Sit back and enjoy
Image from foodgawker.com
Summer is nearly here which means it’s time to treat yourself to some new summer products for your beauty bag! Here are six of my favourite products that will add some summer sparkle to your life.
Instant White Teeth Whitening | Clinique Face SPF | Vaseline Lip Therapy | Barry M Nail Paint | Tan Organic Self Tan | Soap & Glory Flake Away Exfoliator
Spring is the perfect time to refresh your clothing collection. By keeping your closet organised and minimal it will make choosing what to wear so much easier.
Here’s the essentials that you should have:
- 1 nice dress – It might sound harsh but in the last three months how many times have you worn your ‘nice dresses’
- 2 day dresses – Ideal instead of wearing jeans
- 2 jackets – One should be black to ensure it goes with everything
- 3 skirts – Below the knee, floor length and midi
- 3 jumpers – Turtle neck has made a come back for 2015, mid length sleeve and oversized are also my favourite
- 2 pairs of dark trousers – Versatile and they can be teamed with a bright top/jumper for a colour pop
- 2 pairs of jeans – Skinny are always a good option as they go with anything, wide legged/flared are great for smart/casual dressing
- 3 coats – I love coats and have about 8, some I haven’t worn for at least six months though – a sure sign they need to go!
- 1 white button front shirt – Ideal for smart/casual look
- A few t-shirts – Useful for pretty much any look, they are perfect under jumpers too for an extra layer
- 1 pair of black heels – Mid height or high, depends on your tolerance levels
- 1 pair of pumps – Flats that you can do practical things in
- 1 pair of trainers – Converse would be my choice
- 1 pair of ‘going out’ shoes – Opt for a colour that matches your wardrobe collection best
By all means I am not suggesting that you bin all your other clothes, the general rule is if you haven’t worn it in a couple of months you’re probably not likely too. If you end up with a pile of clothes you find you don’t wear so much, stick them on ebay or do a good deed and donate them to your charity shop of choice.
Wishing you all an utterly fabulous April. It’s my favourite month of the year. Spring is in the air (well sort of) summer is on its way and I get to celebrate my birthday…today!
Blusher is one of the most essential products in any beauty bag. It can transform pale and tired looking skin in an instant and it’s one of my go-to beauty products. There are so many different blushers out there, from subtle to bright and bold shades. If you’re not sure about which shade is best for your skin the rule of thumb is rose or peach-toned blushers are best if you have fair or medium skin. Orangey and deep berry tones are best if you have darker skin.
I’m a huge fan of powder blushes as I find they are much easier to work with. Cream blushers are great for creating that dewy look, just be sure to apply them before you set your make up with powder.
So the first thing you need to ensure is that you have a decent blusher brush. Three of my favourite are…
No7, The Body Shop and Urban Decay
Now to the main event.
I was having a look at the new flagship H&M store in Toronto the other week and the beauty section is insane. I must have spent a good 45 minutes there. The blusher selection is pretty decent and includes this Hot Pink and Rosy Brown Blusher.
Next up is The French Kiss blusher from Bare Minerals. I love the shade and the brush it comes with which makes it so much easier for a quick touch up on the go. Shop this pretty blusher here.
If you’re a fan of cream blushers this Fresh Blush from The Body Shop should be on your list. The colour is so fresh and the cute little pot is perfect for popping in your handbag. Shop this gorgeous Florida Sunstar blusher here.
Becca is a beauty brand I adore. It’s a little on the pricey side but a treat now and then never hurt anyone! This mineral blush gives a beautiful matte finish. Shop for it here.
I admit that I sometimes pick beauty products just because I like the packaging! This Too Faced blusher is a prime example. I love the heart shape, I love that it has a mirror, and if it had a brush built in there it would be off the chart. A super cute product for any beauty fan.
I picked this next blusher because I love the vibrant colour. Perfect for those long summer evenings at a beach bar. Shop this colour pop blusher from Urban Decay here
All the products above are cruelty-free
Bored of your winter wardrobe? The high street is full of gorgeous spring/summer pieces that will instantly give you a fresh look for the new season ahead.
Here’s a pick of my favourite items.
- Scoop t-shirt | 2. Rib-knit dress | 3. Woven jumper | 4. Longline bomber jacket 5. Knitted jumper | 6. Fringe trim tassel loafers | 7. Pattern cover up | 8. Olivia Burton watch
9. Rib-knit dress | 10. Khaki jacket | 11. Cylinder heel sandals | 12. Tote bag | 13. Lace top | 14. Aldo bootie | 15. Palazzo trousers | 16. Vintage Mickey Mouse sweatshirt